Implementation of n-tier solution for Chat ME application

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Hi, I want to organize this project into layer, like DB layer, Business Layer and UI layer.

I want to adopt n-tier architecture for this, like i want to expose data base layer using WCF data service. and same for Business layer,

If you are interested doing some development in this project, you are welcome, It will help all of us to improve our skills and knowledge.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Can you send me the documentation of the project because i don't understand how your code is structured it's hard figuring things out. chuksgerrard@yahoo.com

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I made this in Asp.net web form. You are right its very difficult to understand this. But you can just go through the Script in Script\Home folder

Note: Every where you will find that things are being done using Ajax and jQuery I am loading the pages using ajax and replacing the previous page's html, to keep the top and bottom design consistent. User can do simultaneously do different work like chatting with multiple friends while loading different pages.

Asp.net webform return the complete page and with html and body then form tag, but i do not need them, because they are useless if you are adding only particular portion in your page, lets say, message page. I only need the message to display in my home page without loading complete page in browser, what i am doing then i am sending ajax request to messages.aspx page and returning the html from the server and then i am replacing the particular section in already loaded page. So thing making the site complete Ajax based.

You can go through the below script for more details.

One more thing i am doing more of the request handling on server using OnlineUserHandler.asmx web service.

1. friends.js

This Script deals with searching friends and sending and approving friends request.

1. Messages.js

This Script deals with retrieving messages send by friends, or deleting them

1. MultiChat.js

This one is the main script, this initialize everything, and contain lots of functionality.

1. Post.js

This Script deals with posting on the wall and retrieving the post from the server.

1. Gallary.js

This Script deals with managing the user gallary.

Please let me know if wants more clarification in this project.

Jun 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Hi I cant access the MDF file could you give me the DB stored procedures and the tables code